Friday, November 16, 2012

Growth

“Often, it’s not about becoming a new person, but becoming the person you were meant to be, and already are, but don’t know how to be.” 
 
I don't remember where or when I first heard this quote, and I may not even be quoting it just right. (I suppose with the workings of Google I could probably figure it out... but I'm too lazy for that tonight. ha ha) But there is something about this quote that struck me, and recently it has resurfaced and gotten me thinking.
 
When I learn and grow or try something new, I am not changing who I am, I am adding to it. I am becoming a better me. I am working toward the person I was already meant to be. I tend to shy away from change and from trying new things that often seem too difficult. NOT COOL. It is a flaw I need desperately to overcome, and I have been working to do so. I am trying to put myself out there more. I am learning to not settle, but to push myself and learn more and do and be better.
 
I am not trying to "toot my own horn", not by any means. I still have a very long way to go, but I do see the improvement in my work. I have grown over the last few years of taking photographs. I have come a long way and can't wait to see where I go in the years to come!
 
You can see some improvement in my photos... but I just had to post this. He is my inspiration... the reason I picked up a camera in the first place. Look how much he has grown! From a tiny tot of just three to a handsome little seven year old! My how time flies!
 
This shows some improvement, just over two years. Bryan and Amanda on the left were my very first wedding. And on the left is Brandon and Marie. It has already been two years since their wedding, and I have improved since then also, but I love this shot. With their wedding, and others around that time, I became much more creative in my shots. I took more risks, and finished with far greater images. 
 
 
I am so very grateful I have a passion for photography. Capturing life's little moments is a great feeling. I can't wait to see how much more I can grow and develop!
 
 

 

No comments: