Saturday, March 19, 2016

Editing Away

So many photos, so little time!

Photography is not a full-time gig for me right now. I love to get out and shoot whenever I can, but I also have a full-time and a part-time job that keep me rather busy. So, unfortunately, editing often has to take a backseat to the "big girl job", as I affectionately refer to it. I do love my job, I work as a nanny for a family with eight children, and yes, you read that right. That sentence has the words 'love'  and 'eight children' in it. Ha! But I love when I have time to sit down and just pour through photos. I love having time to sort through and edit away with little distraction. It doesn't happen often, but when it does, I can easily get lost for hours just going through photo after photo.

Right now, having nights like this are extremely rare, and thus that much sweeter. I have a Senior 2016 session I am wrapping up, a wedding with a couple thousand photos to go through, and an engagement session to go through. Definitely enough work to keep me busy every night for the next month and more! I love being busy because it means I am meeting new clients and/or seeing how former clients have grown and changed. That is the magic of a photo. Preserving a moment in time to reflect upon later.


Capturing life through the lens... Preserving memories for generations to come.

-TK

No comments: